# SEO Cheatsheet
Warning: don't use this site as a shining example of SEO.
- Authority: how well a site ranks for certain keywords. Certain domain names automatically have high authority (for example,
# Technical SEO
Make sure the following headers are present on each page
<title>Keep under 70 characters</title> <meta name="description" content="~300 characters"> <!-- Open graph --> <meta name="og:title" property="og:title" content=""> <meta name="og:type" property="og:type" content=""> <!-- https://ogp.me/#types --> <meta name="og:description" property="og:description" content=""> <meta name="og:image" property="og:image" content=""> <meta name="robots" content="index, follow"> <link href="URL" rel="canonical">
- Get as many backlinks as possible from external sites. The higher their authority, the better the link.
- Add (lite) images/graphs with captions
- Copy/paste content from other areas of the web, or your own webstie
- Find all keywords on your site by typing into google:
- Open each page that has the keyword
- Link that keyword to the main article on your site for that keyword
# Example content outline
Keyword: technical seo LSI keywords: - [XXX] Word Count: [XXX] Article Title: [XXX] SEO Optimization Checklist: - [ ] Keyword density is at 0.5 - 2% - [ ] Each LSI keyword mentioned 1 - 2 times - [ ] When possible, LSI keyword used as header - [ ] 2 - 5+ outbound links - [ ] 5 - 15+ relevant internal links (as many as needed) - [ ] Keyword mentioned in the meta description - [ ] Keyword mentioned in the title - [ ] Keyword mentioned in H2 heading - [ ] Page title between 35 to 65 characters - [ ] URL slug is brief and contains the keyword - [ ] You’ve never written on this keyword before Content Outline: ## Introduction (0 - 100 words) Lede - why ## What [XXX] ## How Know that you know why, we're going to teach you everything you need to know about [XXX] [TOC] ### How 1 [XXX] ### How 2 [XXX] ## Complete summary [XXX] - graphic ## Conclusion CTA