- Dynamic climbing: lots of jumping around
- Static climbing: smooth, precise movements
- Jugs: Massive handlholds that you can grip completely
- Pinchers: flatter handholds that require you to hold hard with your thumb
- Crimps: tiny holds that you can only fit your fingers on
- Sloper: big spherical grabs that you have to hold with open palms.
- slots and pockets
- Keep you arms straight to save energy
- Try not to constantly readjust, be deliberate about your grabs and movements
- Body position: flagging. When you reach up and right, balance by putting your left foot down and left. Basically you want to be stretched out to keep balanced
- Don't grip too tight. Only use as much pressure as you need.
- These are easier when you "hang down" and keep your weight below them. As soon as you become level with them they are harder to hold.
- Cover as much as possible with your hand(opens new window)
- don't pull too hard on them you will loose grip. Keep your arms straight and just hang your body weight