- Taking Census of Physics (opens new window)
- Simulation-based high school physics course notes (opens new window)
- Intuitive Guide to Maxwell's Equations https://hn.premii.com/#/comments/23700295 (opens new window)
# Basic/Interesting question to solve:
The diameter of earth is 12,756 km. Now that we know that:
- What is the circumference of Earth at the equator?
- What is the circumference of Earth at the 42nd latitude?
- What's the volume of earth?
- What's the surface area?
- A plane travels at 900km per hour
- how long does it take to fly from top to bottom?
- It flies at 12.7km from the surface. How long now?
- It has acceleration of 1 m/s^2. How long now?
- Calculate the volume of each:
- 0–35km Crust
- 35–2,890km Mantle
- 2,890–5,150km Outer core
- 5,150–6,360km Inner core
- How much gravitational force does the moon have on the earth?
- How much does the sun have?
- What are the tides different? Earth friction? Positioning of moon + sun? Natural dissonance of tides compounding?
- I am standing at a clock tower (hint: twin paradox)
- I travel for 1 hour at the speed of light away from the clock. I look at my watch. What is the time on my watch? I look at the clock. What is the time on the clock?
- I travel for 1 hour at the speed of light back to the clock. I look at my watch. What is the time on my watch? I look at the clock. What is the time on the clock?