Obstacles to meditation
- Not enough time
- Reluctance and resistance
- Worldly Desire - pursuit of material pleasures
- Unification of mind
- Aversion - Judging, rejection, denial
- Laziness (when the cost of an activity outweighs the benefits) and Lethargy (low enerygy and motivation)
- Directed Attention - "Just do it"
- Agitation due to Worry and Remorse - worry about consquences for past actions
- Meditative Joy - joy produces confidence and optimism
- Doubt - biased mental processes which focus on the negative
- Sustained Attention - consistent effort
Subscribe if you want to be notified when I publish a new article.